A need fulfilled
Over 20 years ago, utilities began searching for opportunities to outsource the locating of their underground lines for excavation. As utility locating companies came and went, ARKUPS emerged as the leader in Damage Prevention in Arkansas. ARKUPS was founded in 1998 as a wholly owned, not-for-profit subsidiary of Arkansas 811; a partnership bonded in Safety and Damage Prevention.
ARKUPS is governed by a Board of Directors and lead by a management team comprised of individuals at the top of their fields.
ARKUPS will provide a reliable, cost-effective locate service that ensures public safety by preventing damage to our partners’ facilities.
Dependable, on-time, and accurate utility damage prevention every time!
What sets us apart? It's what we believe.
- The purpose of underground line location is damage prevention.
- When damage occurs, the process has failed at some key point. Our goal is to identify the problem and address it so the problem does not reoccur.
- The goal of damage prevention is best achieved when the excavators, the owners of the underground facilities, the AOC call center, and the damage prevention specialists in the field are working in partnership.
- Partnership occurs when all the parties are seeking the same end result - a successful work experience, which relies on the prevention of damage. Win-win always trumps lose-lose.
- It is better business to do a job right the first time than to have to do it twice.
- A company does not succeed unless its employees are successful.